I'm ditching the 2L (top speeds)

Speed as determined by GPS is awesome! I have a Garmin GPSMAP 76S and love
it. My current Scirocco's speedo is so far off it's not even funny. Highway
driving without the GPS would be a complete mystery. Check out how a German
language 76S is used in the latest issue of Sports Car (not the SCCA
publication, the other one).

Back to top speeds:

130 MPH exactly (electronically governed) in my former '02 MB C230. I did
this speed an awful lot, even on the first night I owned it on the A5. If
chipped the car would do 150, but I never chipped it.

135 MPH on the speedo in my former Scirocco (down a real big hill). It's top
speed on the flat was ~123 MPH.

150 MPH as a passenger in a modded e36 M3 of a friend, in a 45 MPH zone on
NJ 31 north of Trenton, NJ. We were playing a game called "knock down the
pedestrians" who use the side of the road. ;-)

100 MPH is as far as I have taken my new '87 16v Scirocco

Slowest car I ever owned? '74 VW Thing.

-Marc