Victor Jr.'s (disappointing) day at the races

Yep, it was amber - amber - amber - green.  I got to where I was leaving on the last amber and
never redlighted (actually, I was hoping to redlight just to see what the envelope was).

I was checking out some of the winners and runners-up at the track (http://www.edgewaterrace.com)
and all reaction times below .500 are followed by the word Foul.  Therefore, I have to conclude
that .500 is the perfect R/T.  The best was .502 and many were worse than .619, so I have to be
pretty happy with that for a first timer.

Ciao,

Ron

--- C Boyko <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:

> I'd guess it was a sportsman's tree (not a .400 pro tree) and that .500 is
> perfect. They've changed ours here, so that .000 is the perfect time on
> the printout, (.500 used to be the goal) - it still equates to .500
> seconds to get the car rolling, between neurons and gears, that's about
> what it takes. Amber, amber, amber, green, right Ron? And you'd better
> tell your foot to leave on one of those ambers. Unlike a pro tree, it's
> three ambers all at once then Oh shit! Better go!
>
> Cathy
>

> > A .619 reaction time means .619 seconds after the GREEN comes on.  That's
> > 1.018 seconds too late for a pro driver running on a (more common) .400sec
> > tree, but a nice, soft, conservative reaction and not bad for a
> > first-timer.
> > Just keep in mind; all this stuff takes practice.
> > Lots of practice.
> > Larry
> > sandiego16v

> > .500

=====
Cheapass Ron
"Victor Jr." - '81 Scirocco S 7SM
2.0L 16V w/ Megasquirt, Quaifed GL 4-speed
It's Alive!!!