Twin engined poo-pile update

> Righty-right, so I bring the beast out of storage yesterday to attend a
> local vee-dug swap meet. After inflating the perpetualy flat front tires
> and mucking about with the mixture to get it to idle, I head out to the
> gtg.
> It's a 20 min drive to the venue and somehow not one single car would race
> me the entire way... it's probably for the best.
>
> I arrive at the meet in my usual cloud of blue smoke and din and who
> should I spy but two lister lads from Pittsburg. Pat dunnohislastname and
> someotherdudewho'snameIforgot had driven all the way from PA to sell some
> of their surplus scirocco goodies. Many cheery greetings were exchanged
> and after some legal paperwork I let both of the lads have their way with
> the twin engined strumpet, painfull grins ensued.
>
> Right, so the gathering ends and I wend my merry way home at speeds that
> are simply silly.
>
> Cosi, a local science theatre in downtown columbus is blessed with an
> outdoor scale for wieghing in schoolbusses and it is to this jolly spot
> that  I steer my smelly ride.
> I'm very happy to report that with a 3/4 tank of gas the far weighs a
> paltry 2700lbs, I also had the insight to weigh each end of the car.
>
> Front: 1360
> Rear:  1340
>
> Holy dog piss, does it get any better than that? I don't think so.
>
> Anson

How depressing, you've peaked so early....no way that thing feels as porky
as our "modern compacts". It confirms once again that yes, power is the
answer to all of life's problems. 2700's great, considering that beefy
framework and that "luggage in the boot". Sweet balance, me boyo. It'll be
prefect for winter, with that "in cabin heating system" and all...

Cathy
1999 TDI New Beetle
1987 2L 16V Scirocco
1979 1.8L 10:1 8V
"Scirocco-(noun)- A hot wind which causes severe headaches"