Nology wires... Using them w/ Multispark type Ignitions?

> From: Brad Sheridan <brads@mindspring.com>
> Date: 2004/11/11 Thu AM 12:51:48 EST

 Now if you compare that behaviour to a standard
> ignition, the standard ignition has a much longer spark. And if the spark
> is blown out for whatever reason, as long as enough energy is stored in the
> coil, it will restrike again immediately, instead of the timed delay of the
> CDI. CDI Multi spark is good for emmissions, and a smooth idle, more than
> it is for power.
>
>   Anyhow, to sum it up, any good quality wire will work just fine.
>
> Brad

I know that Jacobs ignition systems will 're-fire' if they are blown out, and reading their information, they say that they are the originators of this type of an Ignition System.  Are they stretching the truth a bit?

My only experience with their system is with a low-compression bus motor that was turboed...  We finally found that 930 plugs would not foul, and would last with this system, and both the idle and top-end was -MUCH- improved over stock...

I am certain that any of a number of systems would work for any given set of priorities (track, DD, etc.), but I do like to understand how each of these systems works, so that I can understand what choice fits my needs best...

TIA,
  David

Chrome may make it bling, but it don't make the engine sing...