engine bay picture

Camron D. Crouse wrote:

> Those are some bee-yoo-tiful looking coolant hoses, what makes them
> looks so special??
>
> - Camron from Vancouver, WA USA
>   '86.5 Black 16V 2.0L

I could be wrong but I _believe_ this is a picture of (former?) list
member RandyB.

The hoses are covered in mesh hose, think of those braided Chinese
Finger Cuff things and you'll get the idea. The ends are cuffed under
the hose clamps. Or, and I prefer this one; you could visualize 1940's
Pin Up Girls and _their_ mesh stockings. See? Mmmmmm, stockings.

Anyway, back to the owner of the car at the time the picture was taken-
this is the same guy who not only sold me a windshield when mine was
busted but on another occasion rode to the rescue with some water in a
jug and a replacement radiator when I had cracked mine wide open and was
stuck by the side of the road, it got me home. This debacle turns out to
have (ultimately) warped my head but it also proceeded my 1st motor swap
so Kudos to friends indeed!

Note also the cold air intake (silver flex hose), the (Nology?) plug
wires with separate ground straps and what I _think_ might be an Audi
Fuel Pressure Regulator.

btw, anyone notice the 5th injector's location? And what does that
indicate? Hmmm?

TBerk