sexy camera options

George,

First off, anyone want to buy a 2.2 GB compact flash mini-drive? Cheap!
$100!

I just got a new Canon EOS Digital Rebel
<http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=ModelDetailAct&fcategoryid=
139&modelid=9430> 6 megapixel digital SRL for $900 USD. I like it, but I
don't exactly love it. Overall I do recommend it. Currently you can't beat a
true digital SLR at any number of megapixels for $900 USD.

However, I still have and love my Olympus E-10
<http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympuse10/> 4 megapixel fixed-lens digital
SLR which I got back in November of 2001. Perhaps I love it because of how
many miles it has on it (isn't that right Brett?). It's durable, I've
dropped it twice and its still alive. Hell, Anson has this same camera and
it still alive!

If you are limited in what you can afford, I would recommend considering the
purchase of a used camera. You can get an older used Nikon D1 for ~$600 USD,
an Olympus E-10 for ~$400 USD or the 5 megapixel E-20 for a little bit more.

I'm going to start looking for an inexpensive camera that is smaller then my
SLRs that I would be willing to take it out to a bar or the like without
worry. However, this camera will serve double duty. I want to be able to
purchase an inexpensive underwater enclosure for it as well. Enclosures for
my E-10 are $1500+ USD and enormous!

-Marc

'87 VW Scirocco 16v
'84 VW GTI Bunny Truck