mk1 electrical gremlins - alternator specific (...I think)

in addition to the old brown wire, it now has a nice
new black 8 guage one.  and that is also connected to
the valve cover.  that has helped a lot, next project
is to replace the red wires going from the pos.
terminal into the fire wall, i assume they are for the
starter switch, and all that.