From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Caobhin
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2004 3:11 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: fixing up old Euro bumpers

Hi Kids,

I just bought some used Euro-bumpers for my '88 16V. I wanted to get
them painted, as one of them has some significant fading.

Problem is, the shop is telling me that they need to sand the bumpers
down for the paint to stick. Doing so would basically remove the
plastic coating and would alter the appearance noticeably.

What has everyone done in the past? Sand, no sand, paint, no paint???

IN ADDITION, one of the Euro bumpers is missing the rubber trim strip
around the top. I could transplant the existing strip on my North
American bumper, I think. Anyone have tips or a write-up on how to do
that?

-Kevin