OT: Hobbies that take up rocco time

>>danws69@earthlink.net wrote:
>>

>>>- model building (WWII, space (ST/SW), cars...)
>>>Dan Snow
>>>
>>>Tampa, FL
>>>

>>Dan, you can check out my SW Shuttle model at
>><http://culttvman.com/camron_crouse_s_tydirium.html>
>>
>>Enjoy!
>>
>>- Camron from Vancouver, WA USA
>>   '86.5 Black 16V 2.0L
>>

>>David Utley wrote:
>>
>>>Nice detail!  I tried to build one many years ago, and it did not look nearly that nice...  I always liked the look of that ship...
>>>
>>>David
>>>

>> Dan Smith wrote:
>>
>>> Holy crap dude, that's insane! That's not a model, it's art! My
>>> favorite part is the blue engine lights, they look like some
>>> computer special effect! Did you work as prop design in the original
>>> movies or something? Do you happen to have an X-wing done up?
>>> They're the shiznit.
>>>
>>> Dan

Glad you guys liked it; it's been about 9 yrs since I built that kit,
and though I have a stack of other unfinished models, I haven't had the
TIME it takes to do them justice. Just like everyone's Scirocco, they
tend to be a perpetual work-in-progress. My other hobbies that I DO get
to do are collecting CDs/DVDs, going to a cheap movie at McMenamins
<www.McMenamins.com>, shooting pictures on my Rebel 2000, cooking (we're
remodelling our kitchen right now, so mostly eating out as of late), and
hanging out with the cats and wife-to-be. And driving through the
Columbia Gorge on SR-14 in my Scirocco

And though I missed the thread about what we do for a living, here's my
chance to get back on; though I never worked on any "big" movies, films
like SW were a huge influence on me growing up and have directed me into
film/video work.  I currently work freelance in Portland, Oregon as a
colorist/assistant at DownStream Digital <www.downstream.com> on the
Spirit DataCine (film-to-video scanner) and DaVinci Rennaisance Color
Corrector.  It used to be a staff position a few years ago, but a crappy
economy got me laid off in 2002.  I also do some Assistant Editorial
work at Digital Wave <www.dwavep.com> and we will be ramping up color
correction (AKA color enhancement or color grading) soon as well.  I
also wish to work from home doing video color grading at home as Grade
One Color Imaging by next year.  A few things I have been involved with
that you may recognize - Gus Van Sant's "Elephant", Fox/UPN's "The PJ's"
Claymation show, "3 Musketeers" candy bar ads, lots of high-end
Infomercials like those for BowFlex.  But most of what we do is local or
regional, or corporate or point-of-purchase (we do a lot of stuff for
in-store displays for places like Niketown, for example, but do very
little when it comes to their major national ads ("spots", as they're
called) because they have a major ad agency handle the big-time advertising.