new suspension recommendation?

Michael Abatzis wrote:
> as mentioned in an earlier post, the "roads" of new orleans combined
> with my H&R race/bilstein sport suspension have ripped the crap out of
> my car. need to change i think. looking to get good road feel,
> occasional autox use, full (or nearly so) suspension travel, and minimal
> lowering.  i want to keep suspension geometry for a couple of reasons.
> aside from better handling, i think the altered a-arm angle probably
> leads to cv/bearing wear. a couple of options:
> 1) h&r coilovers: drove these on cathy's car a few years ago and loved
> them. they should give me more suspension travel, not sure about the
> lowering aspects.
> 2) h&r cups: moderate lowering, pretty good travel i think; not much
> experience with these. anyone?

I bought #2, they sit, in the box, behind my entertainment center.

(All Scirocco development is in limbo as I [tmi snipped].)

I weighed the pros/cons at the time and had the Potters ship me a set,
what I currently have on there is a Koni yellow shock/unknown (but maybe
neuspeed) spring combo.

What I was after is a tight ride without too much lowering. Lets call it
Daily Driver Plus.

I have no logical sense nor love for the Shine setup. If I _was_ going
to use it I'd put it on a Rabbit.

TBerk