Larger Throtle Bodies and such (8V)

> Many here have used a larger TB like that of A2 cars to make their cars
> peppier...Now in order to use the larger TB's an intake manifold that will
> also be shaped like the TB's edge is needed to gain any actual HP (or the
> sense of it )
> Now here is the real question I aquired the Intake manifold from a 93
> Fox....after drilling for the cold start valve, I like to know if I can
> also use the Digifant TB that is attached to it or do I have to get a
> CIS/CIS-E specific TB to make the set up work
> Long question sorry
> TIA,
> Tony
>

> "I would believe only in a god who could dance"

I've got a Fox manifold on mine, and I don't anything know about the Digi
TB, but if yours is a MkI you'll need to take the BFH to the raintray to
"clearance it" a bit. It's not a huge issue, but it does need to be
encouraged back a bit. (Dunno if it's the same on a MkII) Also, your cold
start fuel line will need to be tied up, it'll lay on the exhaust manifold
and burn through if you don't. And it's a little tougher to get to than
normal in its new position, as is the idle bypass screw and the coil
becomes a bit more challnging to remove. Just so you know. I think mine's
got a 16V TB on it at the moment.

Cathy
1987 2L 16V Scirocco - the Silver Headache
1979 1.8L 10:1 8V - Klaus- sounds like 0.33 of a Chevelle
"The light at the end of the tunnel is probably an oncoming train"