From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Dan Smith
Sent: Saturday, May 29, 2004 11:15 AM
To: C Boyko; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: RE: Antenna stuff

Here's what I would do for the stock look. Does your radio have FM? My mk1
does, but it's an 81. Anyways, buy an IPOD, those pocket sized super mp3
players. Then buy the FM modulator so you can play it through your radio.
I've really wanted an IPOD and an mp3 player in my car so this is probably
the way I'm going to go. The new Mini ones are cheaper, smaller and only
hold slightly less songs. Can't go wrong!

Dan

C Boyko <roccit_53@hotmail.com> wrote:
I have a nice MP3 player in the 16V, the antenna's the issue. And Klaus is
staying stock for a while, eventually I'll get a nice MP3 player for him
too/ figure out how to conceal it to look stock. Slow careful steps on that
car. I just want tunes for the trip, hence the antenna question, I know both

radios work if the signal is there. It just isn't there.
Cathy

>From: "Dave Ewing"
>To: "Scirocco-L@Scirocco.Org"
>Subject: RE: Antenna stuff
>Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 23:42:58 -0700
>
>I realize this is probably not in your time frame now but ebay has some
>very
>nice CD players for pretty cheap. And, if you get them from the larger
>selling "businesses" they will usually have no problem replacing an item if
>you have problems with it. Most are under manufacturer warranty as well.
>have no problem buying refurbished stuff as quickly as I swap radios it
>really doesn't stay in my car long enough to have any problems (well,
>atleast anything but a Sony). If you look up your favorite brand name then
>click the price column you will usually see someone who is selling untested
>merchandise for pennies. I like these gambles as they are more than likely
>fine due to stupid customers or some other weird problem. If you get 2 or
>3
>from the same seller they usually combine shipping and you might get 2 or 3
>working CD players for a few bucks. I am assuming that some actually don't
>work but I have had good luck doing this type of thing. CHEAP!!!
>
>Once you find someone that had decent merchandise you can look at the other
>items they are selling and find other cool deals. HTH!
>

>Dave

Free yourself from those irritating pop-up ads with MSn Premium. Get 2months

FREE*
http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=htt
p://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines