help with my addiction

Steve Lewis wrote:

> well guys im falling on my knees and begging for help or mercy from the
> vw god or the scirocco gods. my 82 scirocco came to my with a puny(i
> think thats how you spell it)1.7.
<snip>
> one although had a very low mileage 1.8l jh
> motor. i swapped it in
<snip>
> i used
> the old fuel dizzy,lines,throttle body,and exhaust. i switched to the
> shrouded injectors as mine were drippng when hot. the questions are what
> the hell is that little vacuum hose from the back of the head at #4
> cylinder do?

That is the air feed for the Shrouded Injectors.  I have a small hose
connecting it to the valve cover's crank case vent on top. (On my
valve cover I have a large and small metal port.)

> Now i have the 1.7 advance?retard distributor in there and
> have the retard plugged. no the car is f!@#@# slower than ever before
> and sometimes feels like it has a slight miss. the question here is do i
> put on the vacuum advance from the old 1.8 dis or do i get the whole 1.8
> distibutor.

So, does the 1.7 Dist have ONE or TWO vacuum ports? If two then the
one nearest the battery goes _before_ the throttle assemble and the
one towards the timing belt gets plugged in _downstream_ of the
throttle butterflys, Intake Manifold side.

(I can send a diagram if you'd like.)

Try hooking up the hose and see what it acts like.

TBerk