8v to 16v questions

Dan Smith wrote:

>Ok, well guess I'll let everyone else know about this find: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2480269853&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT
>
>6 days left, but only $25 atm.
>
>Dan-Requires 5% finder's fee ;)
>
>Eric S <scirocco@vintagewatercooleds.com> wrote:
>
>Dan,
>
>You must use a clutch disk for your tranny. The splines are different on
>the input shaft of the 16v transmissions versus the 8v, so only a 8v
>clutch disk will properly slide onto the input shaft of your FF tranny.
>
>So, to reiterate, the disk itself is the big key here, you must always
>match it to your trans. Also, you'll need to get the larger flywheel to
>accomodate the larger 16v pressure plate. Your engine should have the 190
>MM flywheel, and 16vs used 200 or 210 *cant remember for sure*.

So "let's pretend" for a moment... If one were to replace their 2Y (3.67
Final Drive) on their existing 16V with a
4K (3.9 Final Drive) from an early eighties (8V) GTI or such... So then,
in addition, one would ideally use:

8V Clutch 210mm
16V pressure plate 210mm ( I like that reinfored idea)
Flywheel (not 16V or 8V specific per se) 210mm

Does this appear to be a sound configuration?

- Camron from Vancouver, WA USA
   '86.5 Black 16V 2.0L