tranny questions

My '81 has an FF tranny; (wide ratio).  Thinking of swapping in a 2H I picked up.  Been comparing RPM/speed with the FF to the Excel spreadsheet on scirocco.org, and it's not matching.  Were there different FF tranny ratios?

rpm     mph
        4th       5th
2k      38        48
2.5     46        58
3k      54        68
3.5     62        79
4k      70

So, looks like about 8mph per 500 rpm in 4th, and 10mph per 500 in 5th.

I'm thinking the 2H will be similar to my FF 4th gear, and considering swapping it for the FF 5th (unless someone has a better ratio they'll sell me, so I don't destroy a good tranny for the part).
Thoughts?   Suggestions?  Assume the swap is easiest on the bench, not after I've put it in the car.

May postpone the 2.0l 16v engine swap and just run a high-compression 1.8 for a while; the parts are all there, and it doesn't have much value in the market right now.  I could finish the 2.0 engine this winter with the body work...

---
Chris
mailto:chris.miller@infofoundry.com