Was:Ignition question, now happy stuff...

Yeah, that was one thing I was gonna check myself when I got home from work,
but lo and behold the car was gone!!!! Yep, the kid fixed it, I had left a
note to check for oil/moisture under the cap and the rotor was toasted, new
one donated from the '80. Now WHY it was toasted, not sure, (maybe those
wires, he did say something about new crimp connectors) I have to wait for
the car's return. But I thought of those wires this afternoon. Thanks. But
THIS is the type of fix I like, it fixed itself..for now anyways.

And no, the "white Scirocco" goes into boat anchor service well before the
headache goes to Ayton. But it ain't going to sea for a while. Adam wants a
Cabby now, something about it being a "chick magnet".

Other happy, happy, bliss, bliss notes: I head over to good old Princess
Automotive in search of a few relays, and they are on sale!!! So is wire.
(And colour matched electrical tape...) So are the pigtails for the relays.
On a roll not to be stopped, I look for some heavy sockets-with-wires for
the H4s, and score 5 for $5.99 that look promising (Well, I got two packs).
They are actually double-enders, so I have some sockets for some other
project. But, atypical for me, they actually fit the H4s when I got them
home. This was one area on the headache's harness that was always a mess, so
it'll get tidied up, hopefully pre-Cincy. And, heading for Fabricland, I
score some delicious chocolate brown pleather for a "Klaus" project, get to
the till and it's 40% off. Sweet.

Still lots of stuff to get fixed up, but things are looking up (for the
moment, I'm not so delusional as to think it'll stay that way for more than
a few minutes)
Cathy