Ignition question

Cathy,
BT,DT.
As others have said, check the wiring going into the Hall sender.  I've gone through 2 dizzys on my '81 'cause wires like to break inside the distibutor.  I've also had a bad ingnition switch on my '84, which tended to fail at the most inopertune time, such as in the bank drive-through on a Friday afternoon.  Easy to replace, and the John Muir book has a pretty neat hot-wire trick to see if it is indeed bad.
Let me know if you want details/scannage/etc.
Nate
'81
'87QSW