MkI color availability compared to dealer brochures Q

On Tue, 25 May 2004 18:57:55 -0400, "John C. Worden"
<scirocco@prexar.com> wrote:

>I keep seeing cars online that list a color that isn't in the brochures
>for that year or any ajoining year  for that matter.  These are colors
>that the owners say was original.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?
>Did they put out the brochures saying here are 4 colors to choose from
>but then throw in some more?

I'd say the brochures are put together in advance of the model
releases and would tend to list fewer colors than actually wind up
being offered.  It wouldn't be that tough to add exterior colors to
the production line as the year progressed.

Here's an interesting page:
http://members.rennlist.com/chuxter/914Colors.htm   Especially if you
have a 75 or 76 car.  It has the codes, the color name and the RGB
values for each which you can reproduce on your monitor with Paint or
similar programs.  These are 914 Porsche colors, but Karmann produced
these cars too.  So why not use them on both?

Gordon
75 Scirocco/Drake 1.9 8V
http://pws.prserv.net/scirocco/scirocco.htm