Oil pan gasket Q - 2.0 vs 1.8

Camron D. Crouse wrote:

> ...and speaking of oil pan gaskets and windage trays... should one use
> gasket paste when installing the windage tray??
>
> If so, what type of  paste?  Or is the integrated rubber gasket designed
> to be used without paste??  I have a new windage tray yet to be
> installed, and I want to do this right - no ruinee gasket, no leakie
> oilie pan.
>
> - Camron from Vancouver, WA USA
>   '86.5 Black 16V 2.0L

It's my understanding you don't gunk the rubber gasket, it's like the
'Corrado' valve cover gasket up top & includes a windage tray built in.

In fact it's sometimes described as a windage tray with a rubber
gasket built in.

<http://www.parts4vws.com/catalog/product_detail.asp?PartNumber=037115220B>

Get one.

TBerk