Oil pan gasket Q - 2.0 vs 1.8

No they are not the same.  The 2.0L is thicker.  If you use the 1.8 you pickup tube will hit the bottom of the oil pan and will not be able to suck up the oil.

Don

-----Original Message-----
From: "John C. Worden" <scirocco@prexar.com>
Sent: May 24, 2004 3:21 PM
To: scirocco Mailing List <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Subject: Oil pan gasket Q - 2.0 vs 1.8

Are the oil pan gaskets for the 1.8 and 2.0 the same?  I looked it up
online and
found there are two different numbers with a significant price difference,
but I thought
they all used the same pan, therefore should be the same.  Any thoughts?

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-Soon to be a 16V
'81 Scirocco -Engineless and noseless
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.-  In the Rotisserie
'89 Polaris Indy Deluxe

Don Walter - Waukesha, WI
1969 Beetle
1969 Karman Ghia
1971 Karman Ghia
1986 2L 16V Toronado Red Scirocco (under repair)
1986 1.8 16V Black Scirocco (my new ride)