what if a scirocco mated with an aztec?

On Sun, 23 May 2004, T Berk wrote:

> 71 mpg in 1981? Not bad. Just think how much more performance you
> could get these days and still get similar numbers.

You can get better numbers and way better performance with the Polo.

> Hopefully it won't be too much longer the US gets direct injection
> motors w/ the low sulfur fuel.

The states already has the TDI - or at least most of them do, anyways.
There are lots of other issues with North American fuel besides its (still
too high although dramatically reduced, sulphur content.)  Cetane value,
for one, is a minimum of 50 in Europe - however it's only a minimum of 35
in North America.  Although we did get the 1.9 PD (pumpe deuse) TDI, with
its increased hp, torque and efficiency this past year, and the 2.0 TDI is
supposedly in the Passat for 2005, VW must detune their diesel powerplants
to run propoerly on our crappy fuel.

Drew

--

84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD     http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd