From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Dan Bubb
Sent: Sunday, May 23, 2004 11:47 AM
To: Scirocco List
Subject: Re: VLE Option-6 Dream tranny

Humm....
The 02M (I believe) has got to weigh a ton. The 02J is 85lb vs. 70-75 for
the 020. The 02M has three
shafts (one input, two pinion) and has got to be another 10lb on top of the
02J. The thing is a
brick!
Bear in mind I'm just speculating about the weight, but you've got to have a
shitload of power and
be able to afford the fabrication of all new mounting brackets ($$$$$$) to
make the 02M worthwhile.
So, that means just about everybody but Allyn is excluded ;^)
And as pointed out you'll never recover the cost of a six speed in fuel
savings.
Dan
PS. When I get around to a turbo and hopefully ~250HP I'm going with a
semi-wide ratio 020 until I'm
convinced it will not handle it.