Electrical Woes (Update)

Thanks for the advise so far in solving the electrical problems.  The
problem with the turn signal/tail light  persist. Long hours bent over
the Bentley and those "#?#@&**&!" wiring diagrams, have only made me
more aware of the wiring, but no solution. For the uninitiated, here is
the problem. Left turn signal bulb and the tail light go on together
when the lights are turned on, plus the signals are all screwed up
(fronts flash out of sequence on 4-way, or flash quicker on the left)

I pulled the plug from terminal F on the fuse box and checked the
continuity. The (bk/w) wire from the plug at F19 to the turn signal
bulb is OK, Same with the taillight circuit from plug F9 to the tail
light bulb (gr/bk wire).

If I put a volt,meter on the fuse terminal pin F9 (power to the left
rear tail light)  and operate the light switch everything works as
expected. Switch ON power to the bulb. Switch OFF, no voltage.

When I connect the voltmeter to pin F19 (power to left rear turn
signal), and turn on the light switch, current flows through here also.
  Nothing in the 82 wiring diagram shows how current can go through the
light switch and into the left turn signal circuit! They are two
independent circuits. The light switch should not affect the turn
signal circuit. It is receiving power from the light circuit somewhere.

IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS WELCOME.

Sorry for the long winded post, but it is hard to describe in less than
5,000 words.

Bill
82 Scirocco

PS.......The horn now only grunts or a short noise, then stops. Even
when the contact on the wheel is grounded, only makes an attempt to
sound.