Cincy is Coming (I will be prepared)

The Stereo place I was talking to about an iPod said I needed a $100 cable called firewire????  something like that to connect the iPOD to a head unit that had the capability for that type of connection.  Anyone else doing this?

Don

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Smith <smithma7@yahoo.com>
Sent: May 19, 2004 7:29 AM
To: car <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Subject: Re: Cincy is Coming (I will be prepared)

I just picked up a 15gb iPOD.  I plan on connecting it using 1/8" stereo headphone jack to RCA plugs to a device that converts them into the CD changer plug for my JVC unit.  Said device is actually being sold as a converter for VCPs to head units for sound.  Lot of wires, I know, but it's going straight in... no broadcasting, and no tape deck, either.  I can hide them all in the lower console and just have the plug for the headphone jack sticking out.  Was thinking about running into the ashtray area and if the iPOD fits there, modifying the ashtray door to cover it (sans ashtray).

Mike
'86 red 16v (Red 5)

I don't know about brian's but My Samsung YP-910 has the napster integrated
software (I use music match to organized my music) it has a battery life of
10 hrs, I have the adaptor for the car, and it's a 20 GB hard drive...
The Fm works okay I guess, considering the antenna on my car is on the roof,
and the only channels are in the 87-89 FM range. Considering downgrading my
radio to a cassette player model so I can use one of them portable cd's
player cassette plug in thing to play it.

word (w?rd)
interj. Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to something. Sometimes used with up. Source