OT: Cicadas

>From: "Dave Ewing" <MK1Scirocco16v@comcast.net>
>To: "Scirocco-L@Scirocco.Org" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
>Subject: OT:  Cicadas
>Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 00:42:27 -0700
>
>Hey all!
>
>I just stumbled upon a Cicada cookbook and was wondering if there was
>anyway
>that I could get someone in the eastern or mideastern states to send me
>some
>Cicadas to eat.  I like trying anything and who knows, it just might be
>good!!  You can only do it once every 17 years so it would definately be
>something the kids would remember.  LMK please as they will be flocking
>soon
>(in the next couple weeks).  I wouldn't have a problem paying you for them
>as this would be an educational type thing for the family/kids.
>
>Scirocco content:  Found a PERFECT (running, driving, straight, one color,
>nice interior, stock everything)79 ragtop for $300 (negotiable-probably get
>it for $200, LOL).  Too bad, I'm getting it and I ain't tellin' where it's
>at!
>
>Dave

  I hear they're pretty good, but you won't catch me eating'em.  Just make
sure none of you have any allergies, because people have had bad reactions
to them before.  Here's a little article form national geographic on eating
them:
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/05/0503_040503_cicadafeast.html
They haven't started coming out in my area yet (pocono's PA), but when they
do I'll ship some out to you.

Dave M.

'87 scirocco 16v
'97 gti vr6