Wilson's VW in OK. is closing... Please help (Long)

Fellow VW freaks,
  I could use some help/ideas...  Wilsons', a salvage yard in Lexington, OK.,
is closing its' doors for good.  Most of you prolly do not know of them, but
they have had their name in both aircooled VW mags over the years (IIRC, they
were the originator of a black beetle on six legs built to look like a spider,
in front of their race track, Black Widow Speedway)...  Anyways, they were one
of the largest VW yards in the country at one time, and they have slowly slid
into obscurity as of late...  Leroy Wilson died 4 years ago, and his daughter
has tried to run it most of that time, with little success.  Within a month
and a half, all the left over inventory will be crushed, and many good salvage
cars wasted.  I need your help to try to make sure that as many parts/cars go
to good homes...

  Carol (the daughter) hopes to have an auction on a weekend near the end of
June.  She -really- hopes that the yard will be sold then, instead of parting
things out (including fixtures, lifts, jacks, phone system, everything).  Who
knows if this will really happen or not.  I am appealing to everyone here
(including Dan :-)) for ideas on how to 1) make sure that if there is someone
with the means to buy the yard, they get the chance, and if not 2) as many
parts/cars go to good homes.  I have been asked to help where I can, but I am
a bit overwhelmed with what all I might do to try to help.  I have been going
here for parts since I was 20.  I am 34 now, and it is sad to see this day
come.  I am open to any and all suggestions about how to get the word out
about this sale...

What I have considered so far:

--A sign in front of the yard itself, announcing the sale
--Sending postcards to as many old customers as they dare to send
--Posting on as many websites as possible, including but not limited to
thesamba.com, vwvortex.com, and as many clubs as close to here as I can find
(I think I could really use help on the website list).
--Hitting the VW/European car shows here and giving out fliers
--Carol allegedly has a contact at HotVWs, and I have a friend who has one at
VWTrends, but I am sure they could only put it on their websites.  There is
not enough time to put it in the mags to be helpful...
--Prayer...

Does anyone else have any ideas of what else I might do?

If it is helpful, here is a very short list of what I saw that might be
worthwhile...

1) set of Baja Beetle wheels, Red, MINT
1) '66 Convertible Beetle, 18K miles, original
1) Karmann Ghia Convertible, with the rear glass, complete but not pretty
1) '58 or '59 Hardtop Beetle, complete, not pretty
3) Fullsize outrigger-type lifts
Several floor jacks
Complete phone system, at least 5 phones
Several computers

  As far as the yard goes, there are several Sciroccos, Corrados, Audi Coupes
(early), rabbits, Cabriolets, Buses, Vanagons, Beetles and Karmann Ghias with
at least some good parts on them.  Most of this inventory has been sitting for
some years, so the trim may be rough depending...  HOWEVER, there are several
good engines, transmissions, glass, clusters, etc. still there and in good
condition.

I have some pictures that I have not yet been able to post yet.  When I get
them done, I will post the links here...

I thank you for your time and gentle consideration...

Cheers,

David Utley
Cable Volkswagen
405-470-3129