Baby won't burp

Well, today was another "improve driver comfort" adventure, (on the 16V) and
it went quite nicely, though I still have not developed a love for spring
clamps. The goal was to replace what I thought was a faulty heater core
valve. (the one buried behind the engine...) Turns out there is a little
clip missing, so the cable had nothing to contract against. I put the new
one in anyways. But here's the rub. I was expecting the usual round of
burping and so on since I drained the coolant to do this, but nothing?!? I
DID however fill both the rad and block from the upper rad hose, allowing
the block to belch a few times during the filling, and that seems to have
been the charm. ( I also milked a few out of the flaccid upper hose after a
short warm up.)

And $10 worth of gas didn't cause any drips or fumes from yesterday's filler
neck fun either. WTF? I was expecting about fourteen roadside stops to
tighten/refill/burp stuff, but nada. Didn't even break 100 *C, so I'm
thinking it's fine. When I win the lottery, I'll fill the gas
tank...(97cents a litre!!)

So, you may wonder, is the car now blowing cold air? Well, no, of course
not. But it's better, and with the hood open, it IS cool, so next up is a
"cool air to the rain tray" hose. I just need to get the hose. It's one of
the byproducts of the CF hood, no air vents. Next up is wrapping the DP with
header wrap, it should be easier than modifyng the (removed) heat shield,
and the DP only has to last a few more years anyway. 2007 means no E test
and (ceramic coated) headers.

Anyway, no disasters to report, sorry...
Cathy

Free yourself from those irritating pop-up ads with MSn Premium. Get 2months
FREE*