Rechroming plactic parts?

Allyn wrote:

> ok, there was a (pretty nice) case mod where the guy had to get plastic
> pieces chromed:
> <http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38839>
> search for the 3rd instance of "chromed" in the article and you'll find
> the important spot.
> he sent the plastic bits off to a place in sydney, but im sure there is
> an equivalent in the usa.
> hth
> Al

Man,

Just like VWVortex:

wow, looks really good

those are definitely some of the best mods I've seen in a while, keep up
the good work
__________________
[SkyHawk Jupiter case] [MSI 845GE max L mobo] [P4 2.4b @ 2.502] [built
in video and sound] [Logitech Cordless MX duo] [512MB ddr 333 RAM] [Dell
p991 19" monitor] [30 GB and 80GB HDDs] [Jaz 2GB] [Samsung 48xCD 16xDVD]
[Samsung 52-24-52 CDRW] [480W PSU] [CCFL lighting] new killer rig...

These guys could be either us or them (you know who 'them' guys are).

All I know about chroming plastic (or other non conductive, flexible
components.)

You'll need to have the stuff 1st coated in a conductive (hopefully
somewhat flexible) coating. This'll give the electroplating something to
adhere to. This also means the original item will need to be stripped,
and be of smooth surface.

TBerk