JH introduced... (was clean '83 on eBay)

--- Mark <mardak@cogeco.ca> wrote:

> > I don't know about Canadian but most 83 on up cars had
> the 1.8L here
> in
> > the
> > U.S. and the big wing didn't show up until 85.
>

> The big wing appeared half way through the 84 model line
> - at least here
> in Canada.  I'd say about half the 84's I've seen have
> the big wing...

Ok, final answer:

The '83 Wolfsburg Edition introduced the 1.8 JH and
close-ratio 'box.  The standard '83 still had the 1.7, both
in the U.S. and Canada.  The Wolfie's for '83 also all had
leather.

The '84 Wolfsburg Edition introduced the large rear wing.
Seats were special pinstriped cloth with pleather bolsters.
 (The cloth aged horribly btw)  The standard '84 kept the
small rear wing and introduced the familiar striped cloth
seats.  Leather was optional on the standard '84, not the
Wolfie.

In 1985, the big wing became standard on all Sciroccos.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, '96 Passat GLX Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
For Sale: '82 Scirocco.
"My rabbit has a human foot on his keychain.  That's not the scary part.  What I wanna know is what those keys are for." - The Four Postmen