From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of C Boyko
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2004 6:04 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: tranny swap question

Okay, this is for the kid, fir the 87 Jetta. I tried to post it last night,
but it didn't go

Anyway, he's dropped the AGS out of the 87 TD Jetta, and wants to replace
the tranny. WIll the FF from my 80 work and what needs to be modified to do
that? He says the linkage  looks a bit different, and I know the mounts are
somewhat different as well.

Of course, in my wisdom I forgot where I wrote the tranny code, and figured
no problem, I'll just read it off the tranny. Of course I tipped it so a
nice fat pool of tranny oil came out the speedo hole. Should add to my
aesthetics for work. (I can hear it from the guys at work..."Mmm, I love a
greasy looking woman with a slight fishy smell..".) This, after soaking
black windshield sealing goop off my hands for a few hours last night. I
really don't clean up well, or at least not for long.
Cathy

OH, you can CC him too, at  itsboyko@hotmail.com, thanks.