FS in VA: 1981 VW Scirocco rolling shell with cage, spares

Not mine, see:
<http://www.rallyclassified.com/detail.php?cat=41&de=1231>

The car is located in Northern Virginia, and will need to be towed. I
will deliver the car within a reasonable distance, and delivery can be
arranged for longer distances(for the cost of travel).

I bought this car with plans to go racing. It had a very sucessful
career as an SCCA IT racecar with the previous owner, and has been
very well maintained. It was garage-kept when it was with him, and it
has been garage kept(and under a cover) while I have had it as well.
It has a professionally-built roll cage, all welded, with boxed ends.
See pictures at the URL listed for pictures.

I began prepping the car for a respray, and started on some weight
reduction as well. The engine bay has been cleaned, sanded and painted
in primer, and the left front fender has been removed(and scrapped due
to rust), as well as the undercoating beneath it. The car is 99%
rust-free, with the only trouble area being the top of the left rear
wheel arch. The damage is very minor(see pictures). Overall, the body
is in very good condition. The paint is all original except for the
right rear quarter, which was repainted due to a minor dent. You'd be
hard pressed to see that it was repaired(again, see pictures). The
paint will buff out quite nicely.

Chassis: currently sits on stock Scirocco 16V suspension, and includes
a complete 16V brake conversion front and rear. It's on Rabbit GTI
14x6" wheels that I beadblasted and painted black, and it has nearly
new 195/60-14 Continental tires on it.

Spares and other parts included with the car(in addition to the
complete rolling shell):

*TT cat-back 2.25" exhaust
*1 pair of fiberglass fenders(new)
*1 pair of front turn signal lenses
*1 pair of taillights
*spare set of headlights
*spare glass
*1 pair of bumpers
*brand new and good used door/window/body rubber
*22mm master cylinder
*front spoiler(pictured above)
*Urethane rack mounts/engine mount insert

This would make an excellent Rallycross/TSD car, or even an excellent
ClubRally or Historic rally car. Additional pictures are available
upon request.

$1250/OBO

Purchased a 4WD car, so this one has to go to make room.

Contact Information

Contact Dave Rodriguez
E-mail drodrig420@aol.com
City Falls Church