gearshift linkage rebuild makes for a new car again

On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 11:46, ATS - Patrick Bureau wrote:
> I have used it, its nice, but I found I did not like it, I have gone back to
> Valvoline Syntech oil myself.
>

> ATS - Patrick Bureau - Canuk in Texas

I have been reluctant to try synthetic gear lubes in these high mileage
boxes as they tend to weep petroleum based 80w90, especially at high
speeds, around the driveshaft flanges.  Although I have replaced the
seals on both my 7As (both of which have high mileage), between a bit of
play on the differential and grooved driveshaft flanges, some leakage is
inevitable, and that slick expensive synthetic stuff always leaks
more... :)

Drew

84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd
89 Audi 200 Turbo Quattro Avant
94 A3 Golf GL TurboDiesel, 99 A3 Jetta GL TDI
At the time this email was written there were only
24 days, 12 hours, and 12 minutes until Cincy2K+4! Have YOU packed yet?