"Cabbies", tonight's episode

> I still need to be able to turn the heater core OFF, so that valve is on
> the "to do list" proir to Cincy.

you know, i've been pondering this one, as the rieger has the same issue. my
fix is to simply shut the center vent off (its the only vent that heat comes
from). the valve itself appears fine. also, when sliding the control to
cold, it appears to not be actuating the cable all the way. my hunch is that
if you unclipped the end and remounted it, but only slid down another 1/2
inch, the heater valve would end up fully closed and the whole problem would
be solved.

i have yet to try this, probably will tomorrow.

Al