OT: Microwang (was: Re: EVERYONE PLEASE READ !!!) [NOW]: joke

God decides he's fed up with how things are going on Earth and decides to end it all.  So one day, He calls Bush, Osama, and Bill Gates up to heaven.  He says to them:

"I've decided that I don't like the way things are going down there and I'm going to blow up the world in 3 days.  I've called you three up here, given your status, to tell you so that you can go back and prepare everyone."

Well they all get sent back down to Earth.

Bush goes before the American public and says "I've got good news and bad news:  The good news is that we don't have to worry about wars and fighting terrorism anymore.  The bad news is that God's going to destroy the Earth."

Osama goes before his people and says "I've got good news and bad news:  The good news is that we don't have to worry about the American infidels and capitalist pigs anymore.  The bad news is that Allah's going to destroy the Earth."

Gates goes before his Microsoft employees and says "I've got good news and bad news:  The bad news is that God's going to destroy the Earth.  The good news is that we don't have to worry about fixing Windows."

"T. Reed" <treed2@wsu.edu> wrote:
On Fri, 7 May 2004, Calimus wrote:

> I think what Patrick was trying to say basicly, is that everyone on the
> list needs to check their shit. Once done, any e-mail he continues to

IMHO, the people that need to fix their shit are Microsoft.

I mean, come on, their operating systems are not just being used for
Solitaire anymore. We've got banks and 911 systems running Windows now,
for lack of familiarity with any other option. It's pretty scary,
actually.

They need to stop selling code that's as full of holes as swiss cheese.
They have a responsibility to the public, IMO.

Oh wait.. I guess from a business angle they don't have to do anything
since they bought out all their competition. Boy I love it when antinerds
get to call the shots.

It's analagous to them being the only car manufacturer and only selling 2
or 3 car models, all of them notoriously rollover-prone SUVs. The
government should intervene before cyberidiots bring the whole country to
its knees by remotely deleting every Windows installation.

-Toby

word (wûrd)
interj. Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to something. Sometimes used with up. Source