OT: 88 wheels: the sequel

Nah that would be to expensive, I will wrap it. The car is driven less than 2500 mile annually.

But sound advice

David Utley <mr.utility@highstream.net> wrote:
Quoting Brian Wagner
:

> I am actually going to get header wrap to wrap my down pipe this weekend, to
> try and keep the shifter bushings from melt. But I live in Texas with a bit
> more heat than you most of the year.
>
> Brian

I have heard that the use of the header wrap breaks the pipe down much faster
than normal wear. This is commonly confused with rust, but the end result is
the same. This may or may not be an issue for you. However, if I were you,
and the pipe in question is pricey (which is prolly is), I would send it off
to a powder coater to get covered with the silver ceramic. That will decrease
the heat the sucker puts of, makes it look nicer, AND will increase the life
of it...

Just a thought...

David Utley