lowering springs for an 86 GT

Apparently the Cabriolet will not take any aftermarket springs...  I had a set
of Neuspeed sofsports, and they would not work on the Cabby without some
modifying, so I ghetto lowered it (sold it soon after)...

David

Quoting Dan Smith <sad_rocc@yahoo.com>:

> I would guess weight. As far as I know, A1 springs will fit any A1. There are
> different springs for an 8v and a 16v scirocco because of the weight
> difference between the engines. Just my guess though.
>
> Dan
>
> asterfield <bob@cemetery.homeunix.org> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I'm looking for some lowing springs for my 86 GT (UK) and I thought I
> could fit any VW A1 springs, but many spring manufacturers specify
> different parts for different models, eg:
>
> http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecommerce/Response.asp?
action=SEARCH&type=PRODUCT&part=937440041&item=1

> http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecommerce/Response.asp?
action=SEARCH&type=PRODUCT&part=937440141&item=2