removing ac compressor

Ok, I'll mess around with it and see what I can do. The bolts are round and I think they're made of pewter they're so soft. I may end up trying to cut a slot and using a screwdriver. I also have the air plate to finish disconnecting and other stuff to pull off when I get sick of working on the AC.

Dan

Spewey <spewey@comcast.net> wrote:
Dan Smith wrote:

> Ok, so that takes care of the bottom plate but how do I remove the AC
> hoses? I'd rather not just hack them off. And any tricks for the
> plate that connects the back of the compressor to the block? That one
> appears to have some inaccesible bolts.

You can take the whole bracket off with the compressor. Keep looking
for attachment points and cursing this Oktoberfest design.

The hoses are not held on by round bolts but rather 12-pointed ones.
Use a 12-point (9mm? English?) socket. If yours are round, you'll need
a vise grips even though I know it's a tough spot.