removing ac compressor

Ok, so that takes care of the bottom plate but how do I remove the AC hoses? I'd rather not just hack them off. And any tricks for the plate that connects the back of the compressor to the block? That one appears to have some inaccesible bolts.

Dan

Jeff_Toomasson <area53@validpath.com> wrote:
You have to remove the alternator completely. There's a triangle sized hole on
the right side (if you're facing it) that you have send in a 6mm hex socket on
an extension to remove the alt bolt. Then you can get at the two bolts on the
lower plate that go into the water pump housing. This job is BY FAR the worst
PITA that I've dealt with in VW's...

Good luck - JT