OT: QUICK! Digifant 2 HELP!

I agree, if I runs fine with the connector unplugged, then check that sensor
to see if it is bad. Take an voltmeter to it and see if it changes its
voltage with engine temp. It should be on a 0-5v scale (IIRC) Chances are
its that sensor. You could do the "replace with known good part" to see if
that works.

Also, when you unplug that sensor, it will put the system into open-loop.
The mixture will richen and the O2S signal will be ignored.

HTH!

-Craig
'83 California Edition (RIP)
"Nightmare" '88 16v (PG-T Proj.)
"Calypso" '91 Golf GL (Daily Driver)

>From: Brian Wagner <brian_wagner@sbcglobal.net>
>To: Eric S <scirocco@vintagewatercooleds.com>,  Scirocco List
<scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
>Subject: Re: OT: QUICK! Digifant 2 HELP!
>Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 08:04:47 -0700 (PDT)
>
>If it is the blue topped sensor it infact tells the ECU if the engine is
cold and defaults to a rich condition for cold start. If it never triggers
the ECU see's the engine as cold. Replace it they are $10 or so at the
dealer.