Can't get the wheel off.

Try using a bottle jack and a length of pipe between the two rear wheels, it will probably take two people to hold the pipe/jack in place while the jacking is done.... he said jacking.

The plan is very much contingent upon finding some pipe that will fit the head of the jack correctly but with the school shop class at your disposal you should be able to come up with something to jack it off with.

Anson

C Boyko <roccit_53@hotmail.com> wrote:
Okay, I can't get the wheel off. This is something that has never happened
to me, this Cabby has had two of the four be stubborn, (an expected
annoyance) but some wood and a hammer (I only have the construction type
hammer) has freed them up so they'd come off. This one is welded on for
life.
So, what are the suggestions? (And yes, smartasses, the lugbolts are out!)
I've tried whacking with a hammer and some wood from both sides to dislodge
it, but so far no go. I did pour some Kroil down in there since I am HOPING
to do brakes (drums) anyways, but this supposedly simple job is getting very
frustrating, first the Pontiiac, then this. Could I try gently lowering it
to put a bit of weight on it with the bolts out? I have had this car for
like two months, and it has evaded successfully every attempt at getting it
safetied. I have three or four days to do this before the tags run out.

Running down the list:
Force: Hammer is stage one (tried it, no good), grinder is a non option
Heat: Likely not due to the fact that there are bearings, and the paint on
the wheels (white GTIs)etc to consider.
Time: Yeah, sure. Like if I wait long enough the garage may fall on it
Money: This one's already tapping me out more than it should have. So am I
bolting her up and taking her to the dealer?

And Drew, thank you in advance for reminding me it isn't the POS and I
should be thankful. Didn't take long eh?

ANY suggestions are appreciated. Oh, and what should I be slathering the
offending surfaces with to prevent future similar incidents?

Cathy
Sorry for the non Scirocco post, but it's the same f^$%^ing thing. (and
sorry about the french)Actually, I think in its heart, it's a 16V.