From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Kent McLean
Sent: Sunday, May 02, 2004 4:22 PM
To: Scirocco
Subject: Re: German Engineers I'd love to slap for $500, Alex!

Jim Jarrett wrote:
> So I now own three VWs, none of which are drivable.
> /===============================================================\
> | Jim Jarrett,Rochester NY      '93 Passat GLX, '84 Scirocco    |
> | mailto:jarrett@rpa.net         '81 Rabbit Convertible 16v     |

Your newest car is 11 years old and you want to complain
about drivable?  You expect your 20+ year old cars to work
like a new Toyota?  What other 20 year old things do you
own that work as they should?  I've got kids that old that
don't work. :-)

My S.O. has a '98 Olds that she is thinking about getting rid
of because the engine has an intake manifold leak that lets
coolant into the oil.  Where do you think it will be in another
5 years? Too bad it won't fit in a dumpster.

Kent, who feels your pain
'89 Audi 200 TQ, which is drivable but needs work