SOT: problems running...

Well, here are a few rodent related things from my world:
1. Adam's car (the POS I'll post about later) would not start despite good
cranking speed after sitting all winter. Now it's a diesel, and was getting
fuel, so nothing should stop it from starting, right? wrong, the airbox was
absolutely packed with acorns to the point where it blocked air flow. Like a
whole forest full of acorns.
2. The Ford had a clutch that slipped so badly it wouldn't go over 30 mph. I
was expecting a friction disc worn to the rivets, but no, it was pristine.
Replacing various hydraulic bits didn't correct the fact that a mouse nest
had lodged in behind the pressure plate to the point where the clutch just
never made good contact. The nest was in so far it wasn't visible, ecxept
for a few tell tale fibres peeking out. The shop teacher and I filled a
whole baggie with it's blackened remains.
So yes, they can be very energetic little critters. But a cat which is
cooking (as in catalytic converter, geez) can sound pretty strange too.
Could just be someting on top of the exhaust rattling too, an acorn being a
prime candidate. Or that bolt you dropped a while back.

GL, cathy