catalytic converter on '88 16V

I have had the weld on version of the TT cat put on my 2L 16V scirocco and it worked great.  You will need to goto a reputable muffler place to have it installed.  The TT one is designed for better flow than a generic one.  From what I found you didn't really save any money and its sure to fit.  By the way is this the one I just sold?

Don

-----Original Message-----
From: Gadzby@aol.com
Sent: Mar 30, 2004 7:39 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: catalytic converter on '88 16V

Greetings!  I own a 1988 Scirocco 16V with an exhaust problem.  I was told my
catalytic converter is going bad (metallic rattling sound at 1000-2500 RPM).
The sound is getting louder week by week.  The factory converter is $800, so
I'm looking at alternatives from other vendors.  Techtonics Tuning has come up
on the radar.  They appear to have two downpipe/converter models.  One is
completely stainless, the other has a stainless converter with aluminized tubing.
 Does anyone on this list have experience with how either of these perform on
your 'Roc, and/or how easy they are to install?  The names of any other
vendors selling replacement converters would also be appreciated. I need to keep
the car smog-legal, so I'm looking for a solution which will preserve the O2
sensor mounting point on the pipe.

Couldn't find the answers to these questions in the mailing list archives.

Thanks in advance,
Grant