Gas line split? Help?

On 3/29/04 9:14 PM, "Allyn" <amalventano@sc.rr.com> wrote:

> this may sound ghetto, but you'd be surprised to know that normal fuel line
> can be slipped over the hard lines and used as a coupler. this of course
> only works if the ends are round (not flat - i.e. in a bend). i only say
> this because trying to properly re-run that line is a horrible affair. i had
> a heck of a time just removing the hard line on the twin. the worst area is
> where it passes through the a-arm support framing. i had the entire front
> end of the rocco cut away, no steering rack, had the line cut a foot on
> either side, and STILL had a hard time removing it from the way its snaked
> through the body.
> hth
> Al

Yeah.  I have had this suggestion made.  I actually remember doing this now
on my Convertible...so I will look at this as an option.

Your horror story of removal scares me.  Thanks, Al! :-P

| Jim Jarrett,Rochester NY      '93 Passat GLX, '84 Scirocco    |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net         '81 Rabbit Convertible 16v     |