3A deconstruction DONE!

Yup! All the way down even to taking out the oil squirters.

No pics as most of you know what a stripped block looks like.

Tomorrow I take it to ye olde machine shop and get it dipped (and none of
this sissy dip mind you. The guy said if my head went in it would end up a
greasy brown film atop the solution.)

They don't do P&P as they don't have a flow bench but will knock off the
ridges. Want to see who I'm trusting this to?

http://www.abrahamsmachine.com

The 5 valve Audi head on the home page is heartwarming. So are the antique
John Deere and Velie rebuilds they have done. They are highly respected in
the area and so will not be cheap, but have piqued my curiousity by
turning down the painting options and telling me to go w/ Krylon engine
enamel and save the expenditure.

Down time will be time for the 9A rebuild. Am I completely past the pale
by taking on both these projects at once????

Either way it will not be cheap. I think I'm going to go for the total
balance as well (and kill any thoughts of further upgrade like turbo. I
don't think I want to spend this type of money again.)

But the pay off will be an essentially brand new engine that if I treat it
nice should be good for 500K (serious pipe dream I know) and then I'll
only have to cringe @ the thought of suspension and electrical and fuel
delivery.....and window rubbers............and

Gibberingly yours,

Tim

In the midst of one of the wildest parties he'd ever been to, the young man
noticed a very prim and pretty girl sitting quietly apart from the rest of
the revelers.  Approaching her, he introduced himself and, after some quiet
conversation, said, "I'm afraid you and I don't really fit in with this
jaded group.  Why don't I take you home?""
	"Fine," said the girl, smiling up at him demurely.  "Where do you live?"