WE HAVE IGNITION...

I'll let you know how I do with the stock CIS themistor..
Brian

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Ron Pieper wrote:

> IT RUNS.
>
> Well, it starts and idles anyway.  My now long-term project (MkI, 2.0L 16V w/ Megasquirt) took a
> major step forward today - had the day off so I finally wired up a few more sensors, drilled and
> tapped for a manifold vacuum tap, screwed some plugs in and fired her up.  Kicked over almost on
> the first crank, but huge vacuum leaks through unplugged ports prevented that.  After remedying
> that with electrical tape, a quick twist of the dizz, a press of the button, a puff of smoke and
> ...braa-aa-aa-aap... the normally sedate neigbhorhood is filled with the happy sound of a long
> dormant 9A happily outgassing through open pipes.  Music, I tell ya, schweeeeet music.
>
> But...no coolant, so off it goes, have to wire up coolant temp sender, rig up a fast idle solenoid
> (I have a CIS thermostatically controlled one, but nowhere to mount it), and an O2 sensor.
>
> Then the head comes off to find out why the oil leak.  And the wacky compression test results.
> Shite.
>
> But, hey, as they say in Ireland, happy days!
>
> Whew.
>
> Ron

> http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html

Brian
88 16v $2004 GRM challenge car http://www.grmotorsports.com
84 0v Next years car? mid engine... maybe we'll see
82 0v Black 16v kit --parts
82 2.0L Topless bunny -- Knock Ignition and bigger clutch. next.
90 90q20v doing daily driver duty.
91 VFR750F everybody needs a 11-12 sec vehicle.

Contact method. Email me for AIM, ICQ, YahooIM, IRC, etc.