Sigh...bad news.

Ron Pieper wrote:

> Went to prime the oil system on the 16V today in prep for a Megasquirt fire-up, and got oil
> weeping from between the block and head above the coolant neck.  I want to junk the whole project.
>
> Anyone have a runnig solid lifter 1.8L 8V for very cheap?
>
> Ron
>
> =====
> Cheapass Ron

Hey! Stop whining.   We know you are only feeling temporarily
discouraged, it won't last.

Sounds like a head gasket, had this block/head been separated prior to
you spinning it up or had it been a unit for a long time?

Q1. Is it possible you over pressurized the system with the oil priming?

Q2. New head bolts and a gasket, and maybe having the head skimmed to
flatten it out (not removing thickness, just a professional flattening
job) might be a simple thing to do. (Wow, that wasn't really a question).

Chin up,
TBerk

Someone as kidnapped CheapAssed Ron and replaced him with a pod.