Howard Montaques BBS rocco (well, sorta)

Allyn, considering how many items you've bought on Ebay, I'm surprised you haven't learned art of the sniper bid!

All you're doing is driving up the price by getting in a bidding war...

Many people don't know how to bid properly and bid just enough to be the high bidder, instead of entering a maximum bid
of what they're willing to pay for the item.  By waiting until the last 15 seconds (with highspeed of course) and
entering a bid with a maximum of what you're willing to buy the item for, you're more likely to get the item cheaper
than by going up against someone and letting emotions create an artificially high price...

I've heard the arguement that "sniper bidding" is unethical.  I don't see it that way at all...  If you're maximum bid
is beat, whether or not it's by a bidder that comes in at the last second, that person was willing to pay more for the
item than you were.  It's only when you put a bid in that is just enough to be highest bidder that you leave yourself
open to be "sniped"...

Mark.
75
80 S