From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Rick Kellner
Sent: Saturday, March 27, 2004 8:07 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Harbor Freight Precision Tools

Does anyone have any experience with the dial calipers or the torque
wrenches offered by Harbor Freight?  I have purchased a few of the
larger tools or the infrequently used tools and am quite satisfied
mainly due to the price.  I do not use them often so they are not relied
upon for daily use.  I even picked up one of their engine stands for
$49.00 delivered!  BTW, everyone should have an engine stand.
Anyway, on to the question, they have a LCD display caliper for less
than $30 and a dial for $15.  Also they have a 3/8 drive torque wrench
for less than $30 and an SK wrench for $90 however; the specs and
tolerances are the same.  It looks like you have to go to Snap-On tools
to get any better than +-4%.  Opinions welcome!
Thanks, Rick.

---