Vacuum switch???

That is for cold starts and does not effect the car when it reaches operating temps. Most people disconnect it and remove the restriction at the base of the snorkel tube. I truly doubt that is you problem. Plug the to ports on the intake tube and then make sure the vacuum line to the knock box is good.

Brian

Carlos Alves <alves@email.unc.edu> wrote:
Hey guys,

I finally got my car up and running, I needed to re wire the hall sende
rwires, they got plugged loose. Anyway, my car stilll isnt running
right and I suspect it is a missing vacuum thermoswitch on the air
intake, but the damn dealer doesnt know anything about the part or
where to get it. In case nobody knows what I'm talking about, here is a
picture of my engine with the missing vacuum thermoswitch that the
picture is centered on here

http://www.unc.edu/~alves/Carlos%20Car.jpg

and here is the picture of vw the service manual that identifies that
part as the vacuum thermoswitch

http://www.unc.edu/~alves/airsystem_scirocco16vdotcom.jpg

Could this be the reason why my car is running rough and not idling
right and sputtering between 1k and 3k? I got the timing right on the
distributor, I dont think it has anything to dowith my ignition system.

Anyone know where I can obtain one of these, or does anyone have a
spare one they're not using? I could paypal money ASAP.

Thanks for the help,

Carlos